Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Generations


It's amazing how much some peoples lives are intertwined. My best friend Mariann and I have know each other since before we can remember. It is all because of the relationship between her grandmother and my great aunts. My aunt Annie, pictured on the left, and her very fabulous grandmother, Helen, right, were friends since girlhood. They shared trips to New York city and hours of conversation at the beauty parlor. It was all because of them that our families are bonded forever. My aunt Louise became Mariann's father's godmother and when Mariann was born fate brought the families closer. Helen's granddaughter and Louise and Annie's great niece were the same age. Mariann says that she can remember the day we met. She has always been a constant in my life, like a sibling. We have shared life events, good and bad, through it all we have been like sisters. We are continuing the bond that these women started over 50 years ago. To you Mariann, I love you. And always will.

0 comments: