Monday, August 4, 2008

Shop update!

Things have been slow in my Etsy shop. I have been slow in my Etsy shop. It is so hard to sit down to sew when it's beautiful out. Alice and I have been spending LOTS of time outside this summer with friends. Days at the beach and afternoons in the sprinkler. I am not ready for summer to be over. Although retailers would like us to embrace Halloween in the middle of the summer, I just can't. I did find time last week on a rainy afternoon to sew up 2 new wristlets.
This one I appliquéd a sweet bird on the front and hand sewed the outline in pink.
I used some repro 1930's cowboy fabric that I had been saving on this one. I love it! If it doesn't sell I just may keep it for myself.



I got some orders for a few custom super hero capes for this week. Maybe while I am at it I will make a few more thing for my shop. Depends on how nice it is outside. I would much rather be playing with Alice or tending to my garden than sitting at my sewing machine.

I know my mind will change when it gets cold.

0 comments: